Wednesday 25 December 2013

More than just a wonder of the world

    After three days of long trekking, finally I have the chance to go to one of the wonders of the world,  the Inca empire, Machu Picchu. It was a great day looking at such a incredible and majestic place, however, while in my way to the SunGate, which is the main entrance through which the quechuas used to go into Machu Picchu, I saw a more incredible thing than this place. I saw an old lady, I am not sure how old she is. But the fact that she had to use trekking poles and was helped to take every single step on every stair from the ruins to the SunGate, means that she was at an age that I am pretty sure many people would prefer not to go off home. When I saw that, I realized that it does not matter what, in this case age, if we want to achieve something, we can always make it, but this reminded me that we have to be motivated, and indeed appreciate  the small opportunities and seize them, because from these we can get the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment