Saturday 7 December 2013

How I see myself in the future, and how I evaluate the way of reaching it

Every morning, when I open my eyes I stare outside the window and I ask myself “why I do what I do?” Then I realize that I prepare my future me, and I grow to become someone that I do not know yet. However, I believe that the way of embracing that future Jaime is by being ambitious. I look up and I see the future Jaime as a volunteering engineer travelling around the globe; one outreaching poor communities lacking basic engineering ideas and so in this way provide them better facilities to have a better place to live in. Some of my characteristics that I consider the stronger leading me to be ambitious are mindfulness toward priorities, activeness, open-mind to other people´s perspective and perseverance.
            By being mindful, I believe I will be able to know what I have to be ambitious for, and therefore contemplate my priorities for the future, which are becoming an engineer and an aware person that through travelling would like to help people in countries where needed. The more mindful I am the more I think what my priorities are, I encourage myself to look how I can help other people, perhaps through volunteering programs and humanitarian organizations. However, I would like to consider my first goal, which is being an engineer, and then eventually by using what I learn from this career, go to many countries as possible and help poor communities that lack of technology and engineering ideas. Mindfulness is an essential characteristic for me to follow the path of what I ambitious for, it develops my awareness of the thing surrounding me, but also shapes and pushes me to gradually build my future me.
            Another characteristic that I believe will help me to construct my future of becoming a volunteering engineer in other countries is being active. Activeness leads me to pursue and feed my ambition and therefore motivates me. Many people around me have highlighted my constant activeness. I think it is a complimentary but important characteristic that guides me to be engaging and participative in my engineering courses and eventually lead me be focus on these courses. Furthermore, I consider activeness to be an important feature in order me to be a good traveler and a true volunteering; it definitely keeps my liveliness up to be willing to move from one place to another and put myself available to do any kind of work required in poor condition communities. Therefore, being active to me is as important as being mindful in order to keep my ambition on and seek for that future Jaime.
            In addition, I consider open-mind another indispensable characteristic for me to build and assimilate my future, engineering interests, travelling experiences and volunteering views. Open-mind guides me to have a wider view of what I am ambitious for and what it involves. By being open-minded, I believe I will be willing to accept and consider traditional engineering ideas from any other complete unknown culture to me, and then strengthen my personal learning. Moreover, open-minded is a feature that when comes to traveling has to be considered. I think it is important to be up to expecting anything from anywhere; it is a diverse world, thus I feel that every single place has a particular fact. While volunteering in other countries, I hope to encounter cultural facts different from what I have experienced because it will help me to improve and extend my open-mind characteristic and be willing to accept not only engineering thoughts but also cultural behavior, traditions, perspectives and believe.

            Finally, another characteristic I rely on is perseverance. I believe it has helped me to put me where I am nowadays, and I follow it as one of the vital characteristics that will guide me to become a future volunteering engineer and that feeds and energizes myself to strive for what I am ambitious. Every new educational level I go to, I am challenged with demanding engineering course. However, despite these demanding courses, I finish them because I rely on perseverance, which fortifies me to keep on and achieve an engineering degree. Perseverance is also important in order to be able to travel and specially for volunteering. While doing volunteering, it can be expected to be under a situation of difficulty where I may not feel confident of finding a solution; however I trust perseverance to reinforce my willingness to finish any volunteering task and push myself to the most so to be able to overcome any difficulties. I am certain that perseverance is the base of my future and the nutrient that feeds me to keep being ambitious, if I would not have identify it then I would think my future cannot be achieved because then I would easily give up when difficult moments arise or  when going out of my comfort zone. However, once I identified it I realized it is the key to succeed achieving what I am ambitious for, which is that future Jaime; engineer, traveler, volunteering and helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment