Sunday 8 December 2013

My personal world map

       Note: Click on the map to maximized view.




      In this map, I reflect my personal opinion/view of different areas of the world. Some of them can have opinions that people would disagree with. However, This is only based on my personal feelings toward it. I have chosen to reflect this in order to somehow portray how I define myself as open-minded. I believe that it is an exercise that helps me to realize how I perceive different cultures/parts of the world. No matter how I try to explain it through words, what flows through my thoughts about these places can be slightly different, because it is a feeling that can only be experienced and not written down. I describe myself as an open-minded person representing my own map and giving my unique perspective of these parts of the world that since I started to travel around, I have been developing and remaking as time passes. Perhaps, you are disagree with some of them, however I believe that is what being open-minded means, having and accepting different opinions, no matter what your personal believes are. I have decided to do it on a blank map with no borders between countries, because I believe that in this world we are all the same and that geopolitical borders just restrict our minds to be open-minded, therefore this map reflects how I consider the world as one big area, and that boarders between countries is just a way to measure how many barriers there are to achieve open mind. As we keep crossing these boarders the more I will explore and extending my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment